Friday, November 25, 2011

Tiny Puppy Teeth of Destruction

I really had no idea what I was getting into when we got a puppy, I certainly don't regret it, but there has been a long learning experience. Our sweet puppy, Max, goes through about one chew toy every three days. Since I'm scared that if he gets bored of his toys he may go in search of stuff around the house to chew up for entertainment, I'm buying puppy toys almost every week. I've learned that Petsmart and Petco are way overpriced. And that no matter how much it may have cost, it will eventually be ruined by the force we call puppy destruction. Max doesn't even have his adult teeth yet (No, I didn't know puppies lost their teeth like people do). He's lost one tooth that I've seen so far, it was quite a milestone and of course I was overly sentimental. I wanted to post that I've discovered that the best places to buy dog supplies are Target and Publix. The puppy chow we use is almost half the price at Publix compared to Petco, and they have a modest selection of toys and bones for about $3. Here is a picture of Max with his current favorite toy, it used to squeak but Max silenced the little bugger long ago.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried giving him cow hoofs and femur bones? They last forever and Oliver loves those as well as the deer antlers, they are pricey but last forever too!

    ReplyDelete